Hello to all,
I want to say that I am sorry for not giving an update in these past few months. It has been difficult to do so and hard to find the time and energy. I am still suffering from bad headaches/migraines. I am getting out when I can but that is when people see me in an okay status. I am not seen going home having to lay down or wanting to get out due to my headaches coming on so fast. I am seeing another Neurologist just for my headaches. He is telling us that there will be no way to fix the problem but to try and manage it. Where my brain bleed happened it had done some damage on that part of my brain and therefore these headaches/migraines I will have to live with. That is okay but hard at times. At least I know now what is going on with them. I am seeing a pain specialist as well for my buldging discs in my upper neck. I have been getting theropy and shots in my neck to help control or fix the problem. So, far it has not worked. This neck problem happened from when I had my episodes of falling out and landing on objects or the floor.
We have been going through such a dark valley for sometime now that I have been challenged in every way. I will say that I have failed God and have struggled very hard. I have not understood the magnitude of pain and heartache we have had to endure. It has not been easy for my wife, children, and myself. I did go through some dark times of depression and am still battling that. My doctors, which are many, are working with me to get these things under control or at least maintained. Please continue to pray for me and my family as we are facing many giants and honestly we are having a hard time. Without getting into details I will say that it is hard to check emails, facebook, and the blog due to many things being taken from us and internet being one of them.
My wife is having some issues as well. She will be having outpatient surgery for the doctors to do further study on things they found. This will take place in a couple of weeks. My step-daughter my wife's daughter is having consultations with surgeons and doctors as well. They found some similar things on her like my wife but this has been put on the back burner for now. The big issue is that she has been misdiagnosed for 15 years. She has spinal bifada. It is located in her lower back. Her spine did not properly form right at the bottom as well. It is leaving her nerves and spinal chord exsposed. Her spinal chord is also stretched and tethered at the end. She has a big tumor growing on her lower back from the stem of either one of the nerves or spinal chord. Therefore we will be now going to a Neurosurgeon in Nashville to Vanderbilt in about a week. We will find out what he will want to do and what we can do. So far the other specialists and her primary doctor see surgeries in her future. Please just pray for her. She has been experiencing a lot of pain and it has become magnifide in the past month. She had to quit cheerleading and has been taking pain medication to control her pain. As you can tell we have been hit hard and we have been praying that God will show us a path to go through from this.
I go see my Neurologist next week to talk about my health and pain from headaches. Since it is not better they will be setting up an appointment with my other Neurologist for my headaches. But next week they will be looking at some of my meds and see if anything needs to change or any needs to be increased. We have a lot going on and a lot to deal with. I have been denied disability twice now and working on the next level with my attorneys to go before a judge. I still have been denied disability from work and working with a seperate attorney on that. Please pray we can hang in the best we can b/c living on hardly nothing you can imagine what we are facing and going through. My wife is stressed to the max and I wish I can do something to contribute to take pressure off her. With three children to raise you can also imagine how exspensive and how hard that is with living on nothing and worrying about there well-being.
As I have stated before please be in prayer for us because we need it. God bless to you all as you read this and as you go through your daily lives. Thank you for your prayers.
Love to you all,
Walter and family
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I love you WR. I am praying for you daily. I have given you a blog award if you would like to accept it. Here is the link to my post.
http://thewoodrumcrew.blogspot.com/2009/01/when-life-hands-you-lemons.html
Post a Comment