Thursday, May 22, 2008

thankful

Hello everyone. I want to thank you for all you have done for me and my family during this difficult time. I would love to update you on all that has happened. I know you have been updated and I am thankful you were.
When my wife and I went down to Atlanta last week we were not a hundred percent sure what all was going to take place. We had the pre-op stuff Wednesday morning that week and was getting prepped and ready for surgery the next day. We also got to go and visit with my surgeon. He clarified many things that day and we knew more then that was going to take place. We found out that day that there was no leakage taking place. The MRI confirmed to him that it was residue from the last surgery and my Venus Vein that showed up so clearly. That was a praise in itself. He also told us that he was not 100% sure that the bone flap was totally infected or not. It had been and he was clear to say that once you have had it then it is likely it will never go away. But with no visible signs of infection on the surface he was sure that was taken care of. He was unsure on the inside and on the bone. I had extreme tenderness that alarmed him that there still could be something on the inside and I was a likely candidate.
As they did the surgery on Thursday it showed I had no more infection that they could see so he took the bone flap out and cleaned it real good and flooded me with antibiotics to make if there was any inclination of a bug that he got it. He basically said that there was just no way for sure to know until they opened me back up. As my dad always says," it is better to be safe than sorry". The doctor definitely agreed to that.
Unfortunately I did have a complication that took place while in the hospital on the road to recovery. It was an accident on the nurses behalf but something that could have been avoided. I was nicked when a certain something had to be inserted. In results to that I lost a lot of blood and it was likely it totalled up to 2 Liters or more. I had to stay in the hospital longer than expected and now I am home. If I had not been bathed in prayer and my family I am sure it could have been worse. But needless to say God was going to take care of me and I am glad He did. He watched over me and my family and for that I am extremely grateful to my Lord and Saviour. I am thankful I have friends and family that prayed for me and my family. God is good and good all the time. HE did get me through the first time and I knew He would the second time but I was nervous. Who would not be. I am only human and that is not an excuse either. But with prayer and the love and the support I received I knew it would be okay. Especially knowing God was not going to leave me either. So, thanks again and God bless to each of you.

Walter

1 comment:

The Knight Family said...

We're still praying for your recovery back to normal!
Love,
The knight family